It is a good idea to pack a variety of clothing, suited to all sorts of weather
Photo: Bardur Eklund / Svetl
Photo: Bárður Eklund
The weather in the Faroe Islands is unpredictable and ever-changing. It is, therefore, a good idea to pack a variety of clothing, suited to all sorts of weather (mostly cool-ish).
The absolute essentials to include in your wardrobe for the Faroe Islands are a sweater, a rainproof coat and sturdy walking shoes. Gloves or mittens are also a good idea. And while you’re at it, why not be a little optimistic and bring along sunglasses as well, you never know!
Prepare to experience all four seasons in one day
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING ALONG
- Dress in layers (thermals and wool)
- Good hiking boots
- A warm jacket. Hat and gloves are recommended
- Hiking trousers (preferably not jeans)
- Wind- and waterproofs. Nylon clothing and rainwear not recommended as it can be slippery
- A fully charged phone, food, drink, sweet snack and a map of the route
- Gloves or mittens are also a good idea
Those who plan on camping or hiking for longer periods should bring warm underwear and socks, rubber boots and a warm sleeping bag.