Question: “Where can I find information about moving to/working in the Faroe Islands?”
Answer: Information can be found at the Faroe Islands immigration office.

Q: “Do I need an international driver’s license?”
A: If you have a driver’s license issued by an EU or Nordic country, you do not need an international driver’s license. If your driver’s license is not issued by a country from one of these regions, it is recommended that you acquire an international driver’s license in addition to your regular driver’s license. An international driver’s license alone is not sufficient. An international driver’s license is a translation of your original driver’s license into 6 different languages and is only valid for one year. Please contact Akstovan for more information.

Q: Can I get married in the Faroe Islands?
A: You can! Here is a step-by-step about how to go about getting married in the Faroe Islands. You’ll also find information about everything to do with planning your wedding, from photographers, catering and more.

Q: “Where can I find information on passports, visas etc.”
A: Read our page which includes detailed information.

Q: “Where can I buy a detailed map (for hiking)?”
A: There are various places you can buy a detailed hiking map. For example, at the shop “Gamli Bókahandil” (also known as H.N. Jacobsens bókahandil), which is located in the center of Tórshavn.

Q: “Can you send me a postcard?”
A: Unfortunately, no. As much as we’d like to, we also want to see our friends and families! But you can buy postcards from the Faroese postal service, stamps.fo or at solberg.fo.

Q: “I would like photos of the Faroe Islands for my website/article, etc…”
A: Please visit our press page where you are welcome to download and use the material provided.

Q: “How can I book a helicopter ride?”
A: Atlantic Airways offers helicopter rides to all corners of the country. Note that you can only book one-way flights, 2 days prior to departure.

Q: “What’s the best way to travel around the islands?”
A: There are a variety of ways, which you can read more about here.

Q: “Where can I find ferry/bus schedules?”
A: Schedules can be found on Strandfaraskip Landsins website.

Q: “What sort of clothes should I pack?”
A: Swimsuits and sunglasses… kidding! Read more about what clothing to pack.

Q: “Do I need to book my room/car rental/tours beforehand?”
A: You don’t have to, but we highly recommend you do, certainly during the high tourist season (May-August).

Q: “I want to go hiking. Should I book a guide or go alone?”
A: We recommend booking a guide if you plan on going on long hiking routes or if you are hiking in a group. In any case, make sure you read our hiking guide and our guide to safe hiking.

Q: “Can I buy a local SIM card?”
A: Yes, you can buy local SIM cards at the information desk at Vágar Airport, and in phone shops, kiosks, petrol stations, post offices, hotels, and regional tourist centers across the country.