TERMS & CONDITIONS
Visit Faroe Islands grants a gratuitous non-exclusive right of use for the photo and film material, provided the following terms and conditions are held:
– The Visit Faroe Islands’ photo bank is intended to be used exclusively by foreign media, travel trade and tour operators.
– The photos may only be used to promote the Faroe Islands as a tourism destination.
– Photographs that have been downloaded can only be used for the purpose for which they were intended. The photographs may not be transferred to a third party.
– The photographs may not be used for directly commercial purposes. This means that the photographs cannot be used in products intended for sale, with the exception of travel and tourism guides.
– The photographer and Visit Faroe Islands must be credited. For example, “Photo: (photographer’s name)/visitfaroeislands.com”. The credit must be placed on the photograph itself, directly under it or in the immediate surrounding area. Crediting can be done by using the mouse-over function on websites and in applications if this is more expedient.
– Changes to the photographs are permitted in the form of cropping. The photographs must not be manipulated. The photographs must not be altered or reproduced in a manner that may damage the photographer’s reputation.
– The right of use for the photo material is granted on the condition that the terms and conditions outlined above are accepted.
Visit Faroe Islands is free to revoke right of use of the photographs and/or exclude the user from future use of the photo bank if the above terms and conditions are not met.